As someone that is new to veganism,you should be excited to try new foods that you’ve never tried before. Exciting foods like ackee are awaiting you. Ackee is a fun fruit from Jamaica that is used as a vegetable. It’s soft and has a mild cheesy flavor. It’s goes really well with tofu,potato and sweet potato. Hence this recipe !
I love one pot meals, especially when they’re this colorful and hearty. You will love this one and you won’t miss the meat.
The tofu needs to be dried very well with clean paper towels for it to fry well. Once you don’t neglect that step,you will enjoy it.
So enough of that,I have an announcement ! We will be adding a little shop to our site where we will be selling vegan inspired greeting cards,my children’s book Ava’s Gone Vegan and an awesome whipped shea butter that’s infused with with almond oil,coconut oil,jojoba oil,vitamin E oil,sandalwood essential oil,bergamot essential oil and grapefruit essential oil. It’s called Happy Skin. It softens,nourishes and gives your skin a glowing complexion.
Enjoy this easy vegan recipe.
- 10 medium sized baby carrots
- 1 large beet scrubbed
- Enough water to cover
- 2 medium sized white sweet potatoes
- 8 multi-colored baby potatoes
- ½ tablespoon adobo seasoning
- ½ cup canola oil,plus 3 tablespoons
- 7 sprigs thyme
- Place the baby carrots,beets and water into a medium sized saucepan.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Slice the carrots in half,then slice the beets into medium slices and place them onto a large baking sheet.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes,then slice them lengthwise.
- Wash and slice the potatoes in half and place them onto a large baking sheet with the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle an even layer of Adobo seasoning over the vegetables.
- Then pour an even layer of oil over the vegetables,coat evenly with your hands and top with the sprigs of thyme.
- Turn your oven on to 350 degrees and roast for for 1 hour or until all the vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 pack extra firm tofu, drained
- ½ tablespoon Adobo seasoning,plus a little less than ½ teaspoon
- Small piece Scotch bonnet pepper minced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can ackee in salt water,drained
- Pour the oil into the frying pan and let it heat up.
- Pat dry the tofu and slice it lengthwise into three equal pieces.
- Cut each rectangle into four equal pieces,then place them into a large frying pan
- Sprinkle on the Adobo and fry until brown on one side,then add the onions and garlic and flip them over and fry until golden brown on the other side.
- Add in the ackee and a little less than ½ teaspoon of Adobo seasoning.
- Mix gently and serve over the roasted vegetables,