Are you vegan and in search of the perfect banana bread recipe ? I have got you covered. Most banana breads cook up gummy. However this one is very close to perfect.It’s moist and full of flavor. Make this recipe when you’re trying to impress friends and family.
This banana recipe came about because I didn’t stop testing when I came up with an almost perfect banana recipe. I knew that if I kept trying, I would come up with this amazing recipe. It tastes even better the next day.
Try this easy vegan recipe and let me know what you think. Don’t forget to add us on Instagram #flavorsomevegan
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar,divided
- ¼ cup non dairy milk
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 7 tablespoons butter,plus more for greasing
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup toasted chopped walnuts,chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Place 1 tablespoon of vinegar into a medium sized bowl with the milk,mix and set aside.
- Place the bananas into a large bowl and mash well.
- Then add in the butter,mayo,cinnamon,salt,nutmeg,baking powder,apple cider vinegar,sugar,oil,buttermilk,vanilla,almond extract and walnuts. Mix well.
- Then mix in the flour with a hand mixer, 1 cup at a time. It should be a stiff batter.
- Grease a large loaf pan with butter or oil and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- You can top the loaf with banana slices if you like.