Welcome to Flavorsome Vegan !
Why the name change ? Ya’ll had no idea what my old name Biscus meant. So were up and running with Flavorsome Vegan. Click here to find out more about Flavorsome Vegan and what we offer. I’ll give you a hint, Tried,Tested,Delicious.
This delicious,from scratch,easy vegan recipe will have you glad that you made it. That is my personal promise to you.
For this recipe, I used my friend Tamara’s amazing Caribbean-Gourmet Hot Sauce. I am in love with her hot sauces and have tried almost every flavor. What I adore about her sauces is that they’re not just heat It’s a whole lot of flavor with some heat. I have tried her sauces on pizza,sandwiches and as a marinate on tofu and it makes these foods taste even better. For more information and to buy this truly amazing product,go here. You can also pick up her sauces at Fairway Market and on Amazon.
When you go vegan, don’t believe the lie that you won’t be enjoying amazingly delicious food. You would be surprised at the many vegan options that you have available to you. Companies like Beyond Meat have made it their mission to hook you up with products that taste even better than meat. I am also here to show you just how delicious vegan food can be.
For this vegan recipe, I made a semi, from scratch tomato sauce .It gave this dish so much concentrated flavor and made it more hearty. I actually never buy store brought, pre-made tomato sauce. The onions and garlic have been sitting in the sauce for to long and they loose a lot of flavor.
Try this easy vegan recipe and don’t forget to tag us #flavorsomevegan on Instagram when you do.
Vegan Stuffed Shells
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 (12 oz)pack jumbo shells
- Pour enough water into as large pot,add in the salt and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add in the shells and let cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Tofu Ricotta Cheese
- 1 block (12 oz) extra firm tofu
- 1 garlic clove,peeled
- 7 sprigs parsley,destemmed
- 1 teaspoon,plus 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Break up the tofu into medium sized pieces and place into your food processor.
- Add in the garlic,parsley,salt and lemon juice, then pulse until it looks like ricotta cheese.
- Set aside.
” Meat” Sauce
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion,minced
- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian Seasoning,plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons Nou Bess Gourmet Pineapple Hot sauce or Mild Wet Jerk Seasoning
- 3 cups organic tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons,plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 pack 12 oz defrosted Morning Star veggie crumbles
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and let it heat up over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and cook until lightly brown. Then add in the garlic and stir.
- Add in the Italian Seasoning,tomato paste,hot sauce,tomato sauce,salt and maple syrup.
- Stir until fully incorporated and then add in the crumbles and combine.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- When all the components have cooled down stuff the shells by adding the “meat” sauce at the bottom and the tofu ricotta at the top.
- Line a large baking pan with a thin layer of sauce and then layer the shells in.
- Let bake for 20 mins in a 350 degree oven,no need to pre-heat.
- Top with Italian Seasoning and serve.