Caribbean black cake is a dense dark cake. It is filled with fruits like currants,raisins,cherries and even prunes. This delicious cake is a must have item at most of our celebrations. So you know that I had to make a raw version.
This recipe isn’t easy but it will be worth it .The most amazing thing about this recipe is that it really has the texture of cake.
- 1 cup of cashews ground into fl our
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 15 dates
- 1½ cups raisins
- Juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon almond essence
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Process all the ingredients in your food processor until paste-like.
- Then divide the mixture into two squares onto one Texflex sheet.
- Dehydrate overnight at 118 degrees and then freeze for three hours and serve.