I never would have found my purpose if it wasn’t for raw foods. Back when people were cooking their foods and had no idea what raw foods was,I was in the kitchen making nut milks and rawifying popular Caribbean foods.
I am no longer eating almost fully raw however the raw food principals that I learned has influenced the way I cook. I also make many raw food recipes during the week. My raw food background influences me to use the freshest most natural ingredients possible. I also make my own nut milks to make sweet breads and other tropical desserts. I also seek out the most natural ingredients in all my cooking.
I love chocolate,especially creamy,smooth chocolate. It was very hard to achieve this in the raw form because raw chocolate is harsh. However with much practice I have done it. The trick is Young Thai Coconut meat or young coconut jelly.
This dessert is truly delicious and you will enjoy it. Make it and don’t forget to tag us at The Biscus Kitchen.
Chocolate Coconut Cake with Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
So creamy and milk chocolaty; need I say more ?
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup raw cashews ground in the dry blade container of your food processor.
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined but still crumbly.
- Set aside.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- Meat from 1 Young Thai Coconut
- 1 cup coconut water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup water
Blend all the ingredients until creamy and then set aside.
Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- ½ cup and 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Blend until creamy.
Place a layer of the “cake” into a large spring form pan.
Place all the filling inside.
Then drizzle the hazelnut sauce over the top.
Freeze overnight and serve slightly thawed out.
*You can use the rest of the brownie mix to make truffles.