I have made several banana breads in the past and this one was by far the most moist and delicious. I didn’t say gummy,I said moist. You know how it is, you whip op a batch of a proven banana bread recipe,didn’t over whip it, but it’s gummy. How did this happen ? I don’t know. I do know that this recipe is all you will need to be in perfect banana bread heaven.
This large loaf also makes a great gift to give to a loved one because it keeps perfectly moist when you warp it in saran wrap.
Where have I been you asked ? I have been working as a food photographer and finishing up my two upcoming books. My covers are now completed and I will unveil them very soon.
Life has been treating me very good lately. As I get older I’m realizing that this journey is more about me and not others. It’s about holding onto God and his word,listening to my own heart and loving myself more.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 11/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar or a little less or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas into a large bowl with a fork.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, oil, baking powder, vinegar, salt and milk, then mix with a hand-held mixer until incorporated.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a large greased loaf pan.