When I posted a photo of this easy vegan recipe for avocado hummus, I got a tremendous response from you guys asking for the recipe. So here it is !!
I love cooking with black eyed peas. Black people have been cooking with this legume for many years whether they’re from Down South or the Caribbean.It’s just a certain earthy taste that they give off that just grounds me.
I use to hate broccoli. It was tasteless,it was bland and mostly, it was mushy when over cooked. At flavorsome vegan we will have none of that. So this broccoli had to be on point. The first rule of broccoli is not to drown it in water while cooking. The second rule is to spice and salt it correctly. You would be surprised at how much vegetables you can eat when you cook them in this matter.
You can serve this hummus with fried green plantains or any medium sauteed vegetable of your choice.
Enjoy these easy vegan recipes and let me know what you think.
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- Small piece herbanero pepper or Scotch bonnet pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika,plus more for topping
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 lemon juiced
- ⅓ cup olive oil,plus more for drizzling
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth.
- Place the hummus into a large bowl and then drizzle the top with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with curried broccoli.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 head broccoli washed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ cup water,plus ⅓ cup
- Salt to taste
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and let it heat up,then add in the curry powder and let it fry for a bit.
- Add in the broccoli and stir well then add in the nutritional yeast,water and salt,then mix.
- Let cook for 10 minutes and serve.